Welcome to RRVBC
Today, RRVBC supplies the total blood needs for 13 area hospitals:
- Beloit Health System
- Edgerton Hospital and Health Services
- Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside
- Javon Bea Hospital-Rockton
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Harvard
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center-Janesville
- Mercyhealth’s Hospital and Medical Center–Walworth
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Rochelle Community Hospital
- SwedishAmerican Hospital
- SwedishAmerican Medical Center – Belvidere
- SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Regional Cancer
RRVBC must collect more than 800 units of blood each week to meet the needs of our 13 hospitals. We rely on donors from nine counties of the Rock River Valley, including Winnebago, Boone, Carroll, Lee, McHenry, Ogle and Stephenson counties in Illinois and Walworth and Rock County in Wisconsin. RRVBC employs approximately 100 people, including a Medical Director, healthcare, financial and community relations. RRVBC has four locations. In addition, there are up to three mobile blood drives each day. RRVBC is a not-for-profit organization, governed by an eleven member Board of Directors. We are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration; accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks; and a member of America’s Blood Centers.
To be a premier blood center exceeding customer expectations.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center, in partnership with our communities, is dedicated to providing safe, high-value blood products and services to people in need.
- Excellence through quality processes
- Exceptional customer service
- Efficiency through technology
- Integrity and diversity in alliances
- Teamwork and education for continuous improvement
What People Say About Us
I just feel like it’s something I should do whenever I can. And, giving blood is really not hard. You just have to show up.
How else can you help three people resting in a comfortable chair talking to nice people? It’s cool to know you’re helping others. You can’t beat the feeling.
All I need to do now is live my life one day at a time, enjoy my husband and my son. Oh, and I have to learn to live as a healthy person again. It’s so liberating not to have to fight an illness.